Thursday, October 1, 2009

The Tortoise and the Hare



I have left my beautiful facial hair untouched for over a week now and I am starting to feel that maybe I will not win our little contest. I realized that I actually only shave once a week anyways so this is what I usually have. But then I remembered the beautiful parable of the tortoise and the hare. I remembered that though the hare started off strong, we know that his pride got to him and he lost. And so I said to my self, "Christian, you beautiful specimen of a man, who cares if after a week you look like a 13 year old just hitting puberty and Carlo looks like a freaking sasquatch! You will win, your facial hair has always been pruned to early, but once they realize that they are free to flourish, a garden of course strands will burst from the fertile earth that is your sweet, sweet face and you will come out victorious!!" I AM THE TORTOISE, AND I WILL ROAR (or whatever it is tortoises do.)

No comments:

Post a Comment